Friday, June 26, 2009

Of Strength and Courage

Hey, there! I'm Joshua Cozadd, and this is my first post here on the SX09 Blog. Periodically, the team will be sharing different stories from the summer. I have been asked to write the first post, so here you go (and be sure to watch our first video, recorded and edited by the wonderful Michael Webb!).

Presently, I could share with you a number of different stories of what God has already done in the past week alone. However, one thing specifically that God has pointed out to me greatly affects this summer, and my life in general. During evangelism on the Novi Sad campus I was confronted with an old insecurity, and that being a lack of confidence in what I do. This directly affected my ability to approach people on the University and begin conversations with the students. I began praying for this and that God would reveal to me a way around this. That's when he directed me to the book of Joshua (ironically...). Joshua 1:9 had been pointed out to
me several times by a number of different friends and leaders, but reading it now finally drove the point home. This is what the verse says: "Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be terrified; do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go" (Joshua 1:9, NIV).

Be strong and courageous in the Lord... Of course! Something that seems so simple, and yet something I have found so difficult to implement into my own life. But that's just it, we have been commanded by the Lord our God, so be strong and courageous in what His plans are for us. After all, just as Paul told Timothy, God has not given us a spirit of timidity, but one of power, love, and self-discipline. This has helped me have strength and courage in God's plan for Serbia and trust in His plan for the six short weeks that we have here.

So, quick reminder for all of you out there: Trust in God's plans and be strong and courageous in Him!

2 comments:

  1. Josh and all, so glad you were able to be on this team and already start overcoming. God does provide and I look forward to seeing not only what you will be able to accomplish in Serbia but also within yourselves as you follow the leading of the Lord.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So wish I could be there with you all! Praying the Lord will move mountains this summer...

    Kyle

    ReplyDelete