Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Let the Nations Praise the Lord

"How great is our God! Sing with me how great is our God! And all will see how great....how great is our God!" I'm not sure that I've ever been in a room where God's people have shouted that so loud! The team that we have here in Belgrade is so diverse but the atmosphere has proved that although there is diversity, there is unity as believers in Christ. We speak not of the same tongue but we all worship with hearts that cry out to God. Located in the back of the room is a prayer team consisting mostly of students just waiting to pray and support anyone who needs it. We also open up the mic to anyone who wishes to tell of the experiences during outreach. The testimonies we've heard from the first day alone are incredible! I am reminded of Psalm 96:1-3,

"Sing to the Lord a new song; sing to the Lord, all the earth. Sing to the Lord, praise his name; proclaim his salvation day after day. Declare his glory among the nations, his marvelous deeds among all peoples."

This time we have here in Belgrade during the University Games is unbelievable, divinely arranged by God, as there are 160+ countries represented. Worship enables us to start off the day with an attitude that God is reaching the nations right here, right now and he is allowing us to take part in it!

Thanks for all your prayers and I hope you realize what a great privilege it is to worship!

Shannon Ernst

1 comment:

  1. Psalm 104:33 I will sing to the Lord all my life; I will sing praise to my God as long as I live. Hey I randomly flipped to this psalm after reading your thing and it reminded me of it. Praise God! keep up the good work team!!!

    ReplyDelete